A MANUAL THAT HELPS PEOPLE PASS THE OPEN AND CLOSED PARTS OF THE API 653 EXAM IN LESS THAN 3 MONTHS.
This is a manual, that comes with a bonus, that helps people pass the open and closed parts of the API 653 exam in less than 3 months. It will help you pass the exam without sweating.
I’m excited to announce a new book that will help you pass the API 653 exam
APIEXAM.COM HAS HELPED DOZENS OF PEOPLE
At first, I created Apiexam.com as any student would have created one: just studying and putting the info out there, a little improved. In the meantime, however, the website found success helping people. I started to receive messages from respected professionals.
Through the message exchange with people, sometimes I answer questions related to tanks and to the standard. Following was a question that appeared in the exam in March 2016 (Notice that the image has a little edition, which explains the “no, no, no…” thing. I erased a former answer I got wrong the first time, I corrected 3 hours later, pfff)
Information in my site has helped dozens of engineers pass their exams. That infomation is free in my website. Check some of the comments
Readers ultimately ended up passing the exam.
Moreover, people has found it useful in their daily work
653-Fix IS AN EBOOK ABOUT API 653, FOLLOWING THE GUIDELINES OF THE BODY OF KNOWLEDGE
With the information of API 653, I created an ebook that comprises the subjects of the Body of Knowledge for the API 653 exam. The book is a resource that can help you pass your exam. I made the calculations and I spent between 200 and 300 hours creating it, because it has better pictures than the blog and more exercises too. If you decide to purchase, you will receive a link at the bottom of your receipt webpage (not your receipt email).
What you can you expect from purchasing this book:
- an improvement in the welding part of the exam.
- a better understanding of the concept of risk and its relationship with the standard.
- a better understanding of what is an hydrostatic test for.
- the convenience of having all the materials in one book.
- the possibility to enhance your career by accessing better paid, not so much operational jobs.
- API 653 is the most difficult API certification. Just the BOK is larger than API 510 and 570. Sometimes is difficult to know where to start. 653-Fix tackles that information in an organized fashion.
- It saves your time now because it is an ordered compendium crafted vs the BOK
- I speak and dedicate one chapter to the concept of risk. This concept is central to everything in engineering.
- It can save more of your time by making you win a certification that will allow better paid, less manual labor jobs.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is new in this ebook?
- 60 images or diagrams
- 350 questions
- At least 10 detailed exercises
Who is this ebook for?
- Engineers that have little or no experience with tanks.
- API 653 inspectors
- People trying to pass the API 653 exam.
- It is particularly useful as a pre-course tool. It is ideal to buy it if you decide you will take the API 653 exam some months in the future.
Do you have material for API 510, API 570 and other API exams?
Currently I don´t have guides or information aimed directly at certifications different than API 653. However, some of the information is useful for people studying for these exams. Please check your BOK and compare with this page
WHY BECOME CERTIFIED?
THE ROLE OF MEMORY IN YOUR LEARNING PROCESS
HOW THIS BOOK IS ORGANIZED
CHAPTER 1: CORROSION RATES AND INITIAL INSPECTION INTERVAL
CHAPTER 2: CALCULATING SUBSEQUENT INTERNAL INSPECTION INTERVALS OF A TANK BOTTOM
CHAPTER 3: CALCULATING CURRENT FITNESS FOR SERVICE AND NEXT INSPECTION INTERVAL OF A TANK SHELL
CHAPTER 4: JOINT EFFICIENCIES
CHAPTER 5: HYDROSTATIC TESTING
CHAPTER 6: WELD SIZING AND SPACING IN TANKS
CHAPTER 7: HOT TAPPING
CHAPTER 8: ASME IX
QW-403. BASE METALS
QW-404. FILLER METAL
QW-407. POST WELD HEAT TREATMENT
QW-409 ELECTRICAL CHARACTERISTICS
CHAPTER 9:TANK SETTLEMENT
CHAPTER 10: BRITTLE FAILURE ASSESMENT
CHAPTER 11: RECONSTRUCTED TANKS
CHAPTER 12: RADIOGRAPHY ASME V
CHAPTER 13: ASME V ULTRASONIC EXAMINATION
CHAPTER 14: ASME V LIQUID PENETRANT EXAMINATION
CHAPTER 15: API RP 652, LININGS
CHAPTER 16: API RP 651 CATHODIC PROTECTION
CHAPTER 17: RISK BASED INSPECTION
The API 653 manual comes with a collection of 520 Questions and Answers to be used in companion with the ANKI spaced repetition software.
653-Collection has 4 files. You can use the main one or the other 3 separatedly. To use these files, you will have to install in your PC or cellphone ANKI SRS. (https://apps.ankiweb.net/)
653collection.apkg (It has 520 questions)
SEPARATED FILES (Same 520 questions)
The combination 653-fix + 653-collection is powerful for people that want to get closer to achieving a passing grade in the exam in the next 3 months. 653collection.apkg is made up of simple data. Spaced repetition is useful for this type of data where all are unrelated data.
For example, everybody knows that the minimum thickness of a bottom without a release prevention system is 0.1in.
In this case, the software will present you with the question:
“Minimum thickness of bottom with release prevention system”
and you would click to show the answer and qualify yourself.
That simple. Simple question, simple answer, unrelated to anything else. The fact that these are unrelated data allows a person to use a collection made by another person. It would be different when learning a language, where you have to learn in context.
BUY THE EBOOK
Click the button below to purchase the manual
For people using paypal, click below.